Voter Service Committee
- Voter Registrations, Suny Old Westbury, Suffolk County, Community College, any others
- MTC- in person at Five Towns, and viewed live on You Tube
- Connoisseur Radio recorded a PSA GOTV from LWV Huntington and has aired it to all of Long Island and Brooklyn. Estimated 1 million people repeatedly heard it since the week after Labor Day.
- Five Towns recorded an additional PSA GOTV message. This was sent to LWVNY and was distributed to all NYS local Leagues.
- 2 voter registrations at Farmingdale College
- 2 voter registrations at Brentwood.
- Registered 100’s of new citizens at Naturalization ceremony
- National voter registration Day events – 2 libraries and Huntington Housing Authority- 300+/- residents received texts or emails with our voter information
- Through our league phoneline we helped many local residents with their voting questions and issues.
- Delivered all our voting information, early voting dates and sites, flyers and a PowerPoint on voting information to all the libraries in the town of Huntington.
- High Schools- Conducted social media contest, two entries,one winner at Brentwood, 7 students participated. All received certificates of Civic Engagement from LWV H
- Girl Scouts- Conducted a pilot workshop for 9-year olds in North Babylon Troop.
- Distributed Power Points for Vote 18 and How to Register to Vote to 15 local High Schools
- Cow Harbor, parade, and tabling, handed out Environment bond issue info, along with other voting information- 1 day
- Fall Festival- tabling, handed out environmental bond issue, along with other voting information- 2 days
- Environmental Fair – tabling, and distributed the environmental bond flyers- 1 day
- Annual Meeting- attended by 32 people, Raised TO COME
Letters and actions outcomes
- Housing Fee at Town Hall- voted down.
- Pregnancy Termination Restrictions- removed from town law.
- Letter to inform electorate about no shows at MTC being used to limit knowledge of candidates’ positions. Published in several local papers
Issues and Advocacy
- Environmental Bond Issue materials were obtained from the Citizens Campaign for the Environment and The Nature Conservancy. Approximately 1,000 were distributed
- Participated in two press releases representing the League, one in September and another in October with Citizens Campaign for the Environment
- Prepared and distributed the Meet the Candidate questions used at the MTC event. Also prepared Federal Level questions that were not used (due to the empty chair rule).
- Wrote a letter to the Town of Huntington Environmental Open Space and Park Fund Review Advisory Committee (EOSPA) recommending procedural changes to encourage transparency and better communication with the community.
- Members are working with Town of Huntington officials and committees to encourage composting.
- Coordinated election information for Vote411.
Posted throughout election on Facebook, Instagram & Tik Tok